[ SHOWGSD-L ] Outstanding Team Effort

  • From: Ken and Pat Downing <abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ginny Altman <Ginialtman@xxxxxxx>, Lew Bunch <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, Ken and Pat Downing <abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx>, David Landau <dlandau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martylou Plinski <LGPML@xxxxxxx>, Joy Schultz <joy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike West <mlwest@xxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Agee <richard.agee.gxne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Miriam Barkus <mbarkus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joseph Barry <josephbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Wayne WDA Davis <wda@xxxxxxxxxxx>, LaMar Frederick <crfrederick@xxxxxxxxx>, Rhonda Long <barkingoak2@xxxxxxx>, Hallie McMullen <mcmuse@xxxxxxx>, Russ Osburn <k9osburn@xxxxxxx>, Jim York <totaldogman@xxxxxxx>, Cindy Jones-Petersen <vomhausstronje@xxxxxxxxx>, John McKinney <jwmck@xxxxxxx>, Clay Meadows <helperclay@xxxxxxxxx>, Wendell Nope <wendellnope@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 09:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

Good Morning:

  I received a call from David Landau, GSDCA-WDA Vice President, about the
results from the World Championship.  He and I are both very excited about the
news I am going to relay and I am certain you will be equally as excited.

  The GSDCA Team finished FIRST in the World Championship, 2nd was Denmark and
3rd was Italy.   Some inside information on this wonderful accomplishment:
    Our team finished in a tie for first with Denmark.  The first tie breaker
is high scoring in protection.  Wallace Payne and his dog Merlin were tied for
high in protection.  The next tie breaker is obedience where Charley Meszaros
with his dog Nike was first, thus breaking the tie and placing our team #1 in
the World.  On an individual basis Wallace finished #3 overall in the World
competition and Charley finished #8 overall in the World competition.  T. Floyd
who was one of the USCA representatives on the Team was also a qualifier for
the overall Team score.  I am tremendously proud of both Wallace and Charley
who were the two qualifying team members from the GSDCA-WDA National.  Another
highlight is the outstanding job that our Team Captain, Phil Holcher, did in
organizing and helping our Team to achieve these outstanding results.

  Also, I understand our uniforms worn by our Team were the smash hit at the
World Championship with many wonderful comments being made.  The uniforms were
a repeat of the 2004 uniforms which also were complimented by many.   We extend
our thanks to Heidi Landau for her dedication in this area and to Mike Andrel,
Barthco International, for their sponsorship in providing the uniforms.

  Of special note is the fact that just prior to the World Championship we were
notified that both Wallace and Charley were very ill and in the hospital and
perhaps not even able to participate.  A true tribute to their dedication,
desire, determination and hard work enabled them to put forth this effort.  Our
deepest thanks.  The co-operation between the GSDCA-WDA and USCA to form this
blended team, whose concept was originally formed I believe in 2003, is proof
of the kind of Teams that can represent the United States in the future.

  We encourage all to come to the GSDCA-WDA 2006 NASS (October 27 through
October 29, 2006) which promises to be most exciting with approximately 500
entries from around the world.  Some the top dogs will be in attendance.

  Regards,
  Ken Downing
  President GSDCA-WDA