[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our modern dogs

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 22:29:00 GMT

YOU may be "sure" as you say, but, my dear, you are DEAD WRONG.  I can't "pick
judges!"   I didn't have a clue who would do what!     I am sure that Harley
has MANY more losses than Solo does.  You have the knowledge and experience to
"pick your judges."  I didn't have that luxury.
On top of it all, you probably obey your handlers.   NOBODY tells me what to
do!!!

Most of my glee and amazement in accomplishing what I have with Harley is that
I am a nobody; I am not a breeder; I am not a judge; I have never specialed any
dog in my 64 years of life.  If any of his wins were political, it may have
been because of a specific handler at a specific show, but, I had no prior
knowledge nor expectation of any win.  Harley has had NUMEROUS handlers.  He
pretty much wins with whoever handles him.  He is a once-in-a-lifetime dog; a
quirk, if you will.   Granted, I have learned a lot about certain judges over
the past two years, but, it is a bit too late to use that knowledge in any
"plan."  Actually, there are only 2 judges I will never enter under.   But,
that is pretty much a moot point as I will probably never show a GSD again.
Partly thanks to people like you.

There was NO plan or strategy. I had a nice dog given to me.  He finished
fairly easily with 4 or 5 different handlers.  I asked a local handler if he
thought we could get an invitation to Eukanuba, he said, "let's try" and the
rest is history.

I entered shows where I thought I would have fun traveling to.  I entered local
shows.  I entered shows where a handler I wanted to work with at the time
wanted to go to.    Now we are going to Canada for his Canadian Championship.
I never heard of any of the judges.  I didn't "pick" them, the show giving club
did!!

Your "Ummmm" crack was insulting and an outright lie.

IMHO, your dog is much nicer than you are.  And nicer than you deserve.   How
about some openly published results on his OFA page?

Paula, 187 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, 2 Time AKC JAM/AOE, Intern'l & Am CH,
Silver Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC
#64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), 1st male GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1
GSD in California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC
GCH Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee, 2010-2011-Lifetime
AKC Eukanuba Invitee. 2 Time Cruft's Invitee.