[ SHOWGSD-L ] Our dogs are better than we are - (was: my rant)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:56:33 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2006 9:46:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx writes:
Bob  Scholes is gone. Omitting his name can not hurt him but it will hurt
Donna and  all of his friends who are long time members of the the parent  club.
Jim

*************************************

Yesterday I signed on to check the "atmosphere" on the list, and had a
lunatic tell me that I am a know it all bitch and a legend in my own
mind........opinions are like noses...<G>...she swore to not email me  again, I
can only
hope......I bet she is still talking.....LOL

Today I check in and find that we are now qualifying the GSD people to see
if they can take 2 seconds of our time at the national by reading their  name
after they are dead.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow is going to bring.  Hopefully the  Board
will reconsider, and extend the national by 2 or 3 seconds to read the  name of
a man who contributed much to our breed, even if we disagreed with him,  even
if some hated him.  Who cares now?  Do we pass judgement on all  the people
that died the year before to read their names?  What about the  ones left
behind, the living who care?  Are their feelings not  important?

I guess we will have to do away with that National ceremony, eventually we
will all be hated for some reason or another. I guess I just took a head
start...<G>

Please don't talk to me about rules. Many rules have been broken lately,  and
this is one that will not get the club in trouble.

I don't know what Robert did, if anything. And today I don't  care.  But I
can see what we are doing.  Two wrongs don't make a  right.  I think we can be
bigger than that.  We sure expect that of  our dogs.

Maybe that will be my surprise tomorrow.  Hope springs  eternal.....

Ileana   "The Legend"