[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our delegate is NOT an AKC employee...

  • From: "rowlandgsd" <rowlandgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:23:39 -0500

Hi all,

Helen, you took the words out of my mouth.  The AKC board position is the
primary "employer" so to speak.  One need only look at other AKC directors
changing delegate positions in clubs as needed, in order to continue on the
board, so as not to compromise their delegate status with a club.  Carmen
could easily latch on to another club as delegate and continue his board
position at AKC.  Which is what I think Evan has stated (and I agree) that
this time has come.

Personally, I have supported Carmen for many years as delegate and he has
served the GSDCA very well, because he has always been a proponent and
vocal supporter of the GSD.  In this regard, he is one of "us."  But in
these troubled times with an apparent fission between the board and member
clubs, I feel Carmen should not continue as this club's delegate.  There is
an all
to apparent conflict of interest.  The Hunte membership issue has only
brought it into the forefront to a wider audience.

As for judging our National, I think it is Marion Lawrence that noted that
we,
the membership, voted for these judges; if there are now circumstances
surrounding Carmen as judge of dogs, why should that enter into our decision
to show or not to him?  It certainly won't change his judging practice or
preference,
I.e. if you were going to show to him, this isn't going to stop you.

Folks, you have to remember this is a club of passionate and mostly devoted
members that want nothing more than the best for our beloved breed.... if
you feel a boycott of the national dog entry is warranted, then go for it,
but you may be misplacing your energy and emotion.

Best regards,
Betsy
ROWLAND
Maryland