[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our delegate is NOT an AKC employee...

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:06:51 -0500

    I agree with Laurie with regard to where a Delegate's loyalty should
lie.  I have always believed that a Delegate's first loyalty and duty
should be to the club he or she represents, even if that delegate is
elected to the AKC Board.  I believe I've said that before.
    However, recently I read the responses to questions asked of all the
candidates for the AKC Board (and remember, the election is next
Tuesday)...and in answer to the question of whether they'd go with their
club or with the AKC, All, or all but one, said they would go with
the AKC.  So much for loyalty to a club...........

    It is also true that while Carmen is not actually an employee of the
AKC...still, he gets paid $1000 for every Board meeting he attends, plus
perks...
and the IRS form he gets at the end of the year for the monies paid him
for attending those Board meetings stipulates that he is not an AKC
employee.
  I'm also sure he's not working for CAR for free...or doing any of the
other things he does under the umbrella aof the AKC for free, either.

Peggy