[ SHOWGSD-L ] Our delegate is NOT an AKC employee...

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:56:37 -0500

from: ELG440@xxxxxxx
I cannot blame nor criticize Carmen for his position on Mr. Hunte.
Carmen
is an employee of the AKC. The AKC has decided, (rightly or wrongly) to

support Hunte, and Carmen has little choice but to go with his
employer.   It is too
bad, but it became a conflict with what is best for the GSDCA, and
that is
why we need a delegate who is not an AKC director.

Carmen is the GSDCA's delegate to the AKC.  Because he is our delegate,
he is eligible to serve on the AKC's Board of Directors, members of
which are drawn from the delegate pool and voted upon by all delegates
(at least this is my understanding of how things work).  So, Carmen  as
our AKC delegate is NOT an employee of the AKC - he is only in a
position to serve on the AKC board because we appointed him as delegate.
 IMO, the delegate's first loyalty is our club because, without our
club's support, the delegate is no longer a delegate and is no longer
eligible to serve on the AKC's board.

Laurie