[ SHOWGSD-L ] Our breed in society

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:29:27 -0800 (PST)

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:37:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Our Breeds in Society
I have been SO Good to stay out of this topic. BUT IF PEOPLE WANT This BREED TO
BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY THEN GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND TRAIN YOUR DOG.
This past week the USDAA championships haved been held here in Scottsdale. You
know how many German Shepherds where there??? 1 from Oregon Her name is Tory
and she is from my breeding program.  Why should the general public take our
dogs seriously when we don't. How much public PR is there at the local
Specialty shows??? How many public folks show up to see the dogs in the
conformation ring? How long do they stay and does anyone take the time (except
Evan) to talk to them?
I was at a specialty that a reporter and a photographer from the local paper
attended.  They took one look at the conformation dogs said "Yikes!" and came
over to the obedience ring.  The only GSD's that got their pictures in the
paper that day were the performance dogs.

Diane

BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"