[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Review

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: caretti@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:53:13 -0700

forgive my attitude but.. <yawn>

we have been hearing this for so many years it is sickening - I used to
belong to the GSDCA.. mainly because of the Review.. let's face it, the
magazine used to be a great one and was the main reason why many joined the
club... however, about 7 years or so ago, the Review arrived at the state it
is now after Lois left and the format changed.. we suffered all the same
excuses..and made allowances because Gail was new at the helm...
Simply put.. NOTHING has changed in all these years.. I dropped my
membership to the GSDCA because I did not see it logical for me to spend
$100 (Canadian) for a magazine I never received, or when I did, it was late
way beyond stupid....I have said this before.. I asked at that time if I
would be able to remain a member of the GSDCA at a reduced membership fee
and NOT get the Review.. (which I wasn't getting on a regular basis anyway)
and was told that was not an option.. so I dropped my membership..

I do not believe I am the only one.. I do believe that if the Review were
back on track, membership would increase - and believe it or not, the
Review, when it is timely, is a great way to get people involved in their
club..
As an aside, the same situation existed here in Canada with the Gazette..
that was a bi-monthly magazine that for a while we were lucky to see 2 of in
a year!! I resigned from that club 2 years ago, so I have no idea what state
the Gazette is in now..

as always, my opinions only..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com/rosie.htm -UPDATED!!!
New litter born august 12/05!!
6 girls, 5 boys - 3 black boys, 2 black girls!