[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Review

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: amidon@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:27:54 EDT

<<<...Many dont advertize in it
anymore we have other  means to advertize like the web...Barbara Amidon a
use to be long time  advertizer>>>>

Yes it is true that ads are dwindling, as the reliability of the Review is
going downhill.  It is no longer timely, as much as it could be with a two
month lead time?, then another two or more months for delivery?  It is  cheaper
to advertise in Dog News, and the Chronical at this point , even though  the
ads are pricey.  They are always timely, and with Dog News you are  certain
that
your ads are going to be seen by judges, and interested  parties.
This is not a personal slam at the Review staff, not at all.  I  think the
problems with the Review are SO pervasive and overwhelming at this  point, that
it is spiraling out of control  .  Time to stop  production, and rework the
Review, rethink making it AFFORDABLE or giving  INCENTIVE for people to do
multi
page ads.  The idea is to encourage  advertising, something which has not
happened in a long time.  Advertisers  have a deadline for publication, why
shouldn't the Review have a deadline for  the delivery.
Time for new ideas, and a kinder , friendlier publication, that makes  people
WANT to advertise.  If we have to go to a simpler format, to  ease costs,
then so be it.  As it stands, it is simply not worth it.
IMHO
Kathy

Finest in American Show & German  Importing

WEBSITE UPDATED: SEPT 9, 2005
_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)