[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our National

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 23:22:34 -0700

I agree Nancy. To try to convince ourselves that our National is not "THE"  Dog
Show
of all DOG SHOWS is not possible!   It is a spectacular show and we need to know
that and support that!!    As long as we remember that getting the dogs there
to show
them is the first order of business to keep it at that Very Special level of
competition.
As Rita Sandell said......it is a marathon of judging and showing and it is
tiring and
exhausting for the handlers and the Judges and the exhibitors and dogs. Our
National
deserves the best facilities possible for all participants, whether exhibitor
or
handler,
judge, dogs or spectators.    Can't please everyone EVER....but surely we can
expect
great facilities as a "given"......and simplify the rest.
Location and accessibility is a starting place along with great
facilities.....for all
venues!
Finding 2 to 4 sites for rotating for easy driving and flying with dogs will
cut way
back on expenses for putting it on, as that constant expensive search for new
and
perfect sites will be over.   Starting on Wednesday...... and getting there
will be
less
exhausting and less expensive if we can get there EASY with our dogs.
But please.....we should never cut back on the quality of this special event
with less
than wonderful facilities.........that would not help in ANY way!
Our Board and Debbie have done a wonderful job with that at each National and
dealing with a different site each year cannot be easy.   All of us scrambling
to see
if we can even get  there with our dogs is getting MUCH more difficult also!!
Delta Airlines is suffering another blow.......this is not good......

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com