[ SHOWGSD-L ] Our Loss

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:00:18 -0500 (EST)

I am going to remember BO as a GSD as close to perfection as possible. What
 a competitive heart in that chest. You could count on her to deliver a
great  performance every time she walked in that ring. Even if she looked bored
while  waiting outside, she was conserving her energy to do what she loved
to do  best....gait around that ring like it belonged to her.  What a show
dog.
This was true at a specialty level, but really amazing at a National level.
 It was such a treat to watch her moving. I remember pushing Carolyn to the
front  of the bitches line up, we were so enthralled watching BO go,
Carolyn had not  realized she had been pointed to the front of the line!!  What
great GSD, what a great bitch, what a wonderful day, and what a great
memory.

We grieve with you Carolyn, trust me on that one......

Love,

Ileana

In a message dated 1/12/2014 2:08:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We  lost 'BO' Wednesday night.
Our U.S.Grand Victrix AOE Champion Mar Haven's  Black Orchid ROM,HT, PT.
She was as close to perfection as we will ever  breed.

Almost 2 yrs. ago we had made a decision to quit breeding and  showing
G.S.D.   We had no heart anymore after a painful loss in  our family.
But....then....
I wanted a puppy from Bo and so we bred her  one last time.  She was in
great condition, she loved being bred,  whelped easy and loved raising
her pups.  She easily whelped 3 pups  early Tuesday...all still in the
sac....quick and easy.  A shot of  Oxytocin she was done..all seemed well.
Early Wed. we were concerned about  one pup...then BO seemed quiet.
Couple hrs. later she vomited... and we  rushed her to the Vet.
Took them all day to finally discover she had  retained some placenta.
and by then she was septic.
We will  try to raise the two pups left, but no longer for me....for Bo.
I'll never  forget how she looked at me when we took her pups away from
her at the  Vets.   I am so tired of tears.....

Frank & Carolyn  Martello
www.marhaven.com

http://showgsd.org/mail.html