[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our GSD Christmas Story revisited

  • From: "Mary Lee Warnock" <kemarok@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:04:11 -0600

I enjoy sitting here reading all the stories. It  brings back GREAT
memories??
The one below really jogged my memory.  It happened during the Christmas
holiday. We had put our tree up in front of a single side window where we
were able to tie the tree to the frame. (We had already experienced having
the tree knocked down) On this occasion a strange man was cutting across the
front yard. I had 2 bitches in the house and they rushed to the front
picture window barking. All was fine until the man disappeared around the
corner of the house. Both dogs wheeled and raced for the window where the
tree was. As they both reached the window it was evident there was not
enough space for both dogs to see and all H*** broke loose. They were
rolling across the floor. Somehow a tail had whipped into the tree and
wrapped around a string of lights and in a split second the whole string of
lights flew off the tree.Not another thing came off the tree which was still
standing.

As I ran screaming I slipped and fell into the middle of the fray. I grabbed
one dog around the neck (a no no) started kicking the other. (I was home
alone)
I landed a good kick on one dog and she flew into the front door. Thank God
for obedience training.  The dog that hit the door was a CDX dog. Once they
were separated she had a brain and listened to me. I screamed at her to stay
then carefully holding the struggling dog got up and dragged her toward the
basement door. Robin started following, step by step while I'm fighting to
keep a hold on Jubilee and yelling for Robin to stay. I finally reached the
basement and threw Jubilee down stairs. It was only then that I realized all
the blood was mine. :>))))))). I had a rip in the back of my hand and a
puncture wound in my leg.     Merry Christmas!!!

Mary Lee
Have a Great Day!
Visit our website at
http://kemarokkennels.virtualave.net/

> Hi Jody,
> I loved your story about Shadow!  We had one who used to knock the tree
over at least a few times every year too!