[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Future

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:16:18 -0700

On Jul 21, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Stormy Hope wrote:

That puts the Board in a quandary that needs to be worked out with
those who are giving the legal advice.   If the Insurance Attorneys
are advising the Board not to discuss a this suit, should they ignore
that advice and perhaps put the club in jeopardy?  Does the Board's
legal counsel agree?   Perhaps the reasoning of the Insurance
attorneys could be told... WHY don't they want the Board to discuss
it?   Perhaps they don't want the Board to discuss it because a member
or three might say something that would be added on to an already
loaded lawsuit, jeopardize the club even more?  To have full
disclosure would be wonderful, and I'm all for it, but there may be
valid reasons, and I would like to hear the reasoning.  That would
not, imo, be discussion the suit.

Stormy Hope
GSDCA member

On Jul 21, 2010, at 10:47 AM, Tom Elkins wrote:

Doc Zoe  -- Here is my problem with the "will not discuss it"
position. How
is the membership supposed to know what is going on if their ELECTED
leaders
won't discuss it? The other obvious problem with this position is that
it
creates an atmosphere in which every rumor can flourish because the
members
can't speak to those who theoretically know what is  and has been
going on.
Would it be inaccurate to say  that secretiveness and closed door
meetings
were contributory factors in creating the current situation?  In a
healthy
organization, I just don't see how a "don't ask because I won't tell"
posture makes any sense.   Simply stated, whose club is it?
tom elkins