[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our FIRST BIG BRAGS!!!!

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Showgsd'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 19:19:26 -0400

It  was such a joy to be with everyone in Augusta,  Such hard working club
members, they do it year after year with just 5 members!!!!! The Workmans
never fail to open their home each year and treat everyone to a great
dinner.  Just goes to show with everyone pulling together Clubs can
accomplish most anything. I am very grateful for the support all the
exhibitors gave this hard working club. The weather was brutally hot, but
everyone was so good natured.

It was a lovely entry of 4 points despite the fact that some individuals
called around and asked breeders/owners/exhibitors not to enter!! This only
hurts the clubs, not the judge, that are struggling to keep their shows
going and have good entries.  Thank you to each and every person that
entered on Saturday and Sunday.

The winners Bitch was a bitch of type, substance and movement that is not
seen very often.  She reminded me of the old days when the bitches were of
really good bone, with nice broad heads, and exceptional substance.  .  Her
movement was extra powerful, not as in fast,  but with an easy power that
looked truly 'EFFORTLESS"  SHE MADE IT ALL LOOK SO NATURAL AND EASY BUT WITH
lots of power.  Her feet stayed so close to the ground it was almost
impossible to see daylight under them.  Very good character.  Congrats Libby
Cameron and whomever else is part of this package. I believe she finished on
Sunday under Dean, at least that is what I am told as I had to head back to
Atlanta right after the show to care for the dogs at home. Mr. Ron was in NC
fishing!!! He needed a break. Congrats to the Winners male who also finished
on Sunday.  Congrats to the Workmans,Suzanne Kinman, Todd Casper and the
rest who are fortunate to be part of this very nice male.  You can see the
wonderful male characteristics coming from 'Yancy'' Scoop' and 'Dallas' in
this young male who finished in a whirlwind campaign.

I loved the Best Puppy who was also Reserve Winners Dog.the Best Of Opposite
puppy was no slouch either. The young lady handled her herself. Good for
her.  She is new to the breed ( I think)& believe she is now 'hooked'.

 The Bobaks have yet another lovely bitch on their hands, she won her class
and was Reserve winners bitch, she is very young and a little immature,  I
thing she is just out of 12 to 18, I also hear she was the reserve bitch at
the Great Lakes Futurity, she is one to watch for.

The Best of Breed bitch is just plain classy with a outreaching and very
clean gait. What a nice strong back and nice croup on her,Joey and Kathy
Perez are and should be proud of this beautiful bitch.  Bitches were there
that I had given wins to before, they were competitive against some
absolutely first class bitches.  You breeders are doing a great job!!

The GA junior handlers are fantastic, Barbara Stamper had done an
outstanding job with those kids.  You will see them in the ring I am quite
sure.

Watch out everyone, these bitches are going to set the National on fire in
Utah.
Utah may be a small entry but OH baby, if the Augusta Show is any indication
we are in for a real threat.
I judges in Utah a couple of weeks ago and for those of you who have not
been to that site, you will be so pleased, it is just a super site.

Nancy Harper