[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Economy and Your thoughts

  • From: Sally Hayden <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:22:24 -0500

Could you bring me about 3 tanks full of the $2.89 to the national for the trip
home?
sally> From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 18:05:55 -0400> Subject:
[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Economy and Your thoughts> To:
victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Gas in San Antonio
is on the way down. It is $3.29, way North of town where > we live, $3.19 at
Wal Marts in Town, and one station was advertised on the > news this AM with
gas at $2.89. Sure hope it lasts.> Carol Moore> > > In a message dated
10/8/2008 2:27:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time, > victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:> I am not a confirmation shower as you all know, but I can tell you,
the > economy has dented my hobby, I have held off getting Codie his ILP # so I
can > start training him,for obedience competion, the cost of gas has stopped
my > training since I have to travel and hour each way. then the coast of the
classes > have gone up as well, so my training and showing are on hold for a
while...the > good news is I can get my legs for my titles in 3 shows so I do
not have to > travel far to get them. it is tuff and I miss training...but
feeding them is > more important to me than titles and being able to go fishing
every Oct with > the dogs> Deb> > Deb and her Boys > Victory's
Bullseye,TT.,CGC.,CD,ASCACD. > Victory's Dubh Mac Tire, CGC(Wolf)
01/23/05-03/28/2007,lost to PAA/EPI> Codie my Golden> > > > > > ----- Original
Message ----> From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx;
freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 12:59:25
PM> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Economy and Your thoughts> > Excellent post
Kathy....my wife and I were just last night adding up to cost > of showing my
first decent dog in ten years at the Southern California shows > Thanksgiving
weekend...the cost is almost $600.00....and let me say we are > blessed and we
can afford it, but like everyone else we are starting to watch > what we're
doing alot more carefully...The National will be expensive and I'm > just going
there to watch, and perhaps drive Basu to the hospital. Christmas > is coming
up etc etc...just mailed off a check to Art Sinclair....hey I'm > taking a very
very serious look at my dog expenses for next year...I don't have > litters
that I can sell to help off-set my cost ( and no I am not bitching > about
those that do)....to tell the truth when and if I finish my current > dog...I
just may be done...Ed Hill> --- On Wed, 10/8/08, Kathy Tank
<rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Our Economy and Your thoughts> To: "freelist"
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2008, 8:56 AM> > As I
watched the debate last night, I reflected on the many friends I have> talked
with from across the country , over the past couple of days...> even though the
conversations were about a different subject initially, they> swung to the
economy rather quickly.> I would like to hear from people, regular folks like
us (if your annual> income has more than 3 zeros after the comma , then this
probably won't> pertain to you, lol)> How has our Economic crisis, affected
you? Will you think more carefully> about entering?> How far are you willing to
go for a two show weekend vs a four or five show> weekend?> Are you likely to
enter shows where one judge you really like and one is> iffy or a probably not?
Has this changed for you?> What can clubs do to pique your interest, and boost
entries?> Are you keeping and showing more dogs or the same or less?> Are you
breeding more or less?> > I am not looking for a debate on the candidates. That
is a personal choice> for all.> But maybe if the clubs hear a concensus, or see
somewhere they can improve,> it will help them, and also their exhibitors.> >
Speaking for us, with four children under 18, college looming for two of> them,
and us working harder than ever, like everyone,> we look VERY hard at entering
our own dogs. We also look hard for our> clients' sakes, because it's really
expensive now, for everyone.> > We may not go to a show with one good judge and
one "iffy" (Unless> our> clients just insist)> We see a trend here in the west
where the SAME judges are judging in or near> the state OVER AND OVER. (No not
local judges either)> We have shows coming up where the IDENTICAL pair of
judges are judging that> just judged in another part of the state a few months
ago.> (Great if you did well...a no go, if you got mixed results or none, so>
that cuts out an entire show weekend for many) who wants to make a long>
expensive drive to show under the SAME judges?> Is this a good idea , or a bad
idea? Opinions?> How can clubs encourage more entries, more consistently ,
without killing> themselves financially? Many are already struggling.> > I
think these things are on everyone's minds...and we are not just talking> about
ABs and local specialties...we are also including Futurities> and if we really
want to go there in this conversation...the Nationals.> > Kathy Tank> > > > >
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com> Home of :> CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup
TC, 26 BOBs> CH. Victory's Leviathan> CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle>
> WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008> > >
===========================================================================POS>
T is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original>
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any >
kind> are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of the>
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY> MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS > PERMISSION> OF ALL PARTIES TO THE
POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, > AND> IS A VIOLATION OF
LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance,
please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
===========================================================================> >

> > > **************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination. > Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out! >
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)> > >
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
http://showgsd.org> NATIONAL BLOG - http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>