[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Breeds in Society

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:22:57 -0800 (PST)

I'm not sure that I agree that modifying a temeperament for the average idiot
has resulted in shy dogs.  I think this comes from other bad breeding decisions
unrelated to selling pet puppies.

 IMO If we are modifying temperaments for the general prublic.....it's creating
the Lab temperament....(hi how ya doing...I'm so happy to be with you...see my
wriggle around  and just be happy).   How may times do you hear people comment
on how wonderful a dogs temperament is as it's licking and loving on the judge
it just met during the temperament test and no judge that I've ever seen
penalizes this....even though it is not correct for anything other than
puppies.

By doing this we may be saving face with the General Public and perhaps saving
the breed from breed specific legislation...at what cost.....I don't
know.......but I think there is a fine line in here somewhere...we just need to
find it.
Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com