[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Breeds in Society

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 00:44:13 -0500

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:50:15 -0600, Jessica MacMillan
<spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The two Dals passed with flying colors including going
>after the aggressive stranger...

Wow! This takes me back!!

Many moons ago when I was still able to walk without pain,
we took our old Ch. Tuppy dog (English setter) to an ATTS
temperament test. He flew through the test with his tail
wagging. That is, until we got to the aggressive stranger,
where Tup stuck out his chest, walked out in front of me,
assessed the situation and then offered to eat the guy if
he came any closer. We almost flunked because "English
setters are not supposed to be aggressive." Well, no. But
what most people not familiar with the setter breeds don't
know is that, for all their sweetness, a setter can be
VERY protective and most will at least TRY to protect
their people if pressed. So even the "happy breeds" can
step up when and where necessary.

BTW... After some deliberation, we passed the test.

--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091120-1, 11/20/2009
Tested on: 11/21/2009 12:44:13 AM