[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Breeds in Society

  • From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:41:18 -0500

I enjoyed your comments about the temperament test.  I have often wondered if
the agressive stranger is a true test for our dogs.  I have only taken one
shepherd through the test.  He and I sat on a hill and watched the first 3 dogs
go through.  When it was his turn, he did fantastic on everything except the
weird stranger. He had seen that the person did no harm to either dog or owner
and he sensed no fear from me when it was our turn.  That showed his
intelligence and thinking capacity to me, but he did not get a high score in
that category.  He was bored with it by that point! I really would not have
expected him to bark at that person with his temperament.

Linda Hendrix

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009v2