[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Breed and needed improvements

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:27:48 -0800

In my assessment about "anyone can spot a front"......I'm talking about the
method
today of going for any kind of front as long as it is in front of the nose.
Lifty...lack of
follow through on the front....none of it matters as long as it is  "OUT THERE"
  and
there is not enough concern about what is following behind that front that
managed
to get past the nose........<G>
Some literally are lifting up and way out there to compensate for the timing
that is off.
The front merely "catches"  and absorbs the rear propelling the dog forward.
Same with follow through from the rear.
We are seeing more and more kick up in the rear instead of the long low powerful
follow through that comes off a powerful rear drive.
Same reason........timing is off.......front is lifting......rear has to go
somewhere to
compensate for that split second of being "off".
If many of the dogs were shown occasionally on a loose leash........it is
amazing how
many have way too much kick up in the rear.....not much rear drive.....and not
such a
good back after all....and the front is not quite as good as we
"thought"...........<G>
These dogs are presenting a lovely picture on a tight leash.......but left to
their own
they are literally not covering ground with any efficiency.
Like a car with rear drive.......the motion of the dog is only as good as what
it drives
off of.   It starts there........and moves forward from there.......

Can't argue with any of the comments from anyone..........

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>