[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Other lists

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:58:54 EST

Because I was curious, I did yahoo group list for GSD...about 200 or more
groups are out there.   All type, all sorts, our old showgsd-l list is there,
too, if anybody wants to go there and post pictures.   It hasn't had a post for
couple of years now.

Some titles:   GSD (567 members), German_Shephered_Dogs (2049 members),
GSD_Today(367 members), gsd-euro (471 members) CHGermanShepherdShowDogsLIst
(203members), GSD911 (88members), LastHope (79members), CHGSDs(41members),
Oversized_German_Shepherds (48members), holistic, haven, EPI, Genetics, black,
white,
blue, liver, longcoats, dwarf, quite a few rescue, shop, pedigreeexchange,
photoforum, training, sports, and more and more.   And these are just the yahoo
groups.

However, my point is, that lists start for various reasons, and are anywhere
from 5 to over 3000 members.   Nobody has time to be on all the lists
(although the numerous rescue lists interested me...didn't know there were that
many
GSD rescue lists out there).   We find a list on which we feel "at home" for
our particular interests and way of posting.

Just an observation

Stormy
In a message dated 12/28/07 12:22:44 PM, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If my recall mechanism is working, I remember when a new list was
> started for the simple reason that people wanted a place to post
> pictures, and the showlist did not offer that option.  Doris E

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.www

See AOL's top rated recipes