[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oscar daughter saves owner from drowning

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:51:30 EDT

Zoa, that is so amazing, wonderful, goosebumply...Thank you.   May I forward
this?   With all the negatives out about our dogs and other breeds, events
like this need to be crossposted widely.
Stormy

In a message dated 7/1/08 9:45:41 AM, zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> A puppy buyer just called me to tell me that a puppy that he bought from me
> saved his life recently.  Sheldon bought RiverRock's Charmaine for a
> companion.  (Charmaine is 15 mo old by Oscar out of Stoneway's Venus of
> Woodside.)
> Sheldon has a large pond on his property, which he and Charmaine inspect
> every morning before the rest of the family gets up.  He was bending over the
> pond to look at something when he blacked out and fell in face down.  Vertigo
> took over, and he was so dizzy that he could not right himself and was barely
> conscious.  Charmaine dove in the pond, grabbed his shirt, and managed to
> turn
> him over.  As he floated on his back in the pond, with the world still
> spinning around, Charmaine paddled beside him licking his face and barking
> until
> he recovered enough to get out of the water.  His blood sugar had spiked,
> causing him to faint and fall in.  Just thought I would share that with you
> all.
> These truly are the best dogs
> in the world!
>  Zoa

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.