[ SHOWGSD-L ] Oral Critiique at the Show - some thoughts

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:25:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/06 2:16:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx writes:
the  written critiques done now  are very politically
correct, very non  specific, for the most part.   They rarely point out short

comings, only the attributes.

I read a critique the same way I read a movie review. I read it after I  have
seen the actual thing. I would never judge a dog or a movie on what someone
else says. I want to make up my own mind, and like to see if the judge or
reviewer agrees with me.

I don't write a critique after I judge because I figure you can see what I
do, while I am doing it. My opinion is just mine, and you may have a different
opinion, and that is fine. I have no problem telling someone what I did, or
why  I did it, but it should be clear from the results.

If asked, I would be willing to critique my selections at a show, but I
would rather save it for someone who asks.  I have often listened to judges
give
opinions and wished they had not done so, and let people continue to wonder
how stupid they are, rather than listen and dispell all doubt.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together