[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oral Critiique at the Show

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 15:48:35 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2006 1:50:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
A couple  of months ago we in Nor. Cal. had the pleasure of showing under
Dave Rinke.  Now i have shown Dave many a time but this time he did something a
little  different. Dave added an oral critique of his 4 class winners after
every  class. I thought it was very well received by the exhibitors and
handlers.
It  served as open eduction for what he saw and was helpful for everyone to
understand why he placed dogs as he did. It was also a reflection of Dave's
confidence in his opinion in that he was willing to share it openly with all
the ringside.  I would like to see more and more judges offer that sort  of
critique at ringside when the dogs and exhibitors are all there. Some might
have
to be given a Megaphone as they don't have the advantage of Dave's  lungs.

I've had that happen at Specialties and it was fine, but the time
constraints of an all breed show would prohibit it.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_