[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Oral Critiique at the Show

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 20:47:59 -0700

When Dave Rinke gave his reasons for the top final placings of the classes,  he
spoke
quickly
and efficiently and it took no more than a few seconds while he handed out
ribbons or
as he
took them for their final pass or gave them their final look.    It did not
slow
anything down as
he gave brief clear reasons on his placings and you can see exactly what he is
describing.
Whether you agree with a Judge or not,  I think clear and correct reasons are
appreciated
by everyone.
Every person ring-side is judging dogs AND  judges as the show progresses,  and
hearing
the Judge give quick succinct reasons for the placings will always be a good
thing.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Fred, I think i speak for all of us
"enthusiasts" when we
 say we encourage you to make this part of your regular "routine". When Rinke
did it
it took no
 longer than 5 minutes per class. With the entries falling these days i don't
think
time should be
 an issue.Bill

From: "Bill Basu"To: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
> Amy,>
>  It is interesting. I really feel that most of the ringside is fairly
> knowledgeable
> and atleast when Dave gave his critique(it was really more his reasoning for
> placing
> dogs in the places he did), he was short and sweet and did it in a way that
> was
> communcative(without sugar coating) and respectful. My feeling is that people
> were
> not upset but rather appreciative of his insights(because after all is that
> what we
> are asking a judge for anyway).>   >  Best of luck.>   >  Bill

> almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  Bill this is something i would like to do, time  permitting.......it does
> serve as
> education
 and an insight into > the judges judging.> I have heard that AKC frowns upon
this.