[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Opinion on the Lowering of the Requirements for OFA CHIC

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 22:24:27 GMT

So, the GSDCA cares more about "Now, that really looks bad, don't you think"
than it cares about the health of our breed?
That is incredible AND inexcusable, IMHO!!
Money is NO excuse.  If you can't afford basic, available health tests, why in
the world are you breeding??  To let the rest of "us" take care of your
screw-ups??

I am disgusted with people who breed bitches and/or stud dogs with TWO or more
direct-line generations of bloat, dysplasia, DM behind them.  How did we come
so far; why did we come so far to still have these attitudes out there??  No
one deserves such poorly bred dogs.  Maybe 30 years ago it was excusable, but,
this is 2010.....we HAVE tests and markers and records.

My heart has been broken too many times by these issues.  I have not bought,
nor brought home a puppy in many years now.  I protect my heart, to say nothing
of my pocketbook, by not bringing home any dog not old enough for prelims, at
the very least.

Paula, 41 days and counting

Home of Best in Show, Best in Specialty Show, Multi-Group Winning, GSDCA Dual
Title Award Recipient, AKC JAM/AOE, International and American Champion, Grand
Champion Asgard Harley Davidson v Plamark, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC
#64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), DNA tested clear of the long-coat
factor.  #1 Male German Shepherd Dog in the Country, #4 German Shepherd Dog in
the Country, as of 7/31/10 (Canine Chronicles)    First male German Shepherd
Dog Grand Champion.