[ SHOWGSD-L ] Open dogs

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:31:44 EDT

Next to the last day.  The mood is great, everyone is rested, the  election
is over, and we are tanned, rested and ready to go. I am sitting next  to
the first place vote getter, Gary Szymczak, (he told me how to spell  it).
I saw Rita this morning and got to hug Jane Kerner. I talked  for just a
minute , Daphane just came by and I talked to Ken Downing for a  minute on the
phone. I sure do miss them.

I saw Gloria at breakfast and we run into Bobbie and Sandy at Bob Evans
every day. I see Channing Sheets sitting now and they are in the ring.

I see The Open Dog Class. Twelve in the ring and I see one I like a lot
with Mike and also a couple of others I like. I see Linda, Kent, Cindy fJeff,
All, Morris, Suan, Diane, Mike, George and Alex. I see another handler, I
think  it is Raul, (Kentâ??s assistant).  I see Dave Rinke is here now and
Gloria is  cold, she is rubbing her hands. The stands are about half full.  I
got to  talk to Jane Kerner for a minute, and also said hello to Liz.

I miss Twyla Miner, but she e-mailed me that she is getting the Blog, so at
 least she sees it through my eyes. What a twisted life that is.

People are milling around yet, and Dave is making the round and talking to
us already.  I see Amy Riely come by and she waved. Dent is in the ring
with Carettis Archangel.  Now it is Jeff with Shadyrockâ??s Andalusa  Tango.
Gloria does her individuals and takes them around the entire ring  is opened,
but there is a space at both ends for double handlers. If you have  two, it
is perfect. If you are alone, not so good.

Stacy and her mom Barbara came by and look great.  There goes Cindy  with
Mariners Black Angus, and Now it is Al with Sheplandâ??s Grayson  Camareigh.
Fran Ford was at breakfast with us and is here looking younger  than ever.
He is talking to Rita, and she is already sitting. They are  moving the
chairs around and you have to hunt down your seat.  Al has  Sheblandâ??s
Grayson
Camareigh.  Debbie Hokanan just walked  by.    I like Alâ??s dog.  I see Morris
in ther with Zimsuyâ??s  Samuel Adams.  Donna is going by and smiling at us.
She says it is going to  be a better day.  Tom Mesdag came by to say hello.

There go the first six, and I like Morrisâ??s dog, and not so much the
others. Gloria goes to the end of the line and tells them to set them up.   Big
Bergraff came by and is standing in the command center.  Now Linda,  Kent,
Jeff, Cindy, Al and Morris.  There they go and all slow and on a  loose lead.
I like Kentâ??s dog as well. Rick Olinski is here.

Gloria walks over to them,a nd looks them over with her hands behind her
back She is wearing all black with a Bling jacket. Black boots. I know she
got  last night.  She goes over every dog,and talks to the handlers.  There
they go agains as a group and Gloria stands in the middle and watchs them, no
 expression on her face.  A few yells and some double handlers. Greg
Harrison is here and came to see us.  She moves Kent to first, then Jeff,
Cindy,
Morris, Linda and Al.  They are standing while she looks and takes  the
last three, Morris, Linda and Al, the applause is underwhelming.    Sally Haden
is here now and Gloria sends the first group out, and in come new  fresh
handlers.  Raul in Sylvane, Diane, Mike, George and Alex.  Now  there is some
talent.  With Diane in the middle for beauty.  She  always amazes me.   Mikeâ??
s dog can sure move and is a good looking  dog.  Now Raul is out there for
stacking for the camera. Speaking of  cameras, what a job they are doing
filming for all those unwashed at home  watching it on film.  Sylvain is out
there, Gloria is smiling as he goes  around.  Edie Troki is her looking great
in a pink jacket.

Now she has Diane out here in a long ponytail with a big dog.  Gloria
stands back to look him over and sends her down and back.  She or her dogs
gets
some applause, and Gloria is walking about more. Now Mike with his dog, a
good one. I know that Gloria got her feet frozen yesterday so I think the
boots  will help.   It is warmer today.

I miss Twyla Miner here, it seems like a different show without her laugh,
and I notice that there are a lot of those who are normally here, missing.

There goes Mike and the crowd starts with some noise but then it  grows.
Norma comes by. George is in ther with a very dark bi-colored  dog.  I got to
walk Markie and feed her last night. I do like that bitch,  she is so dam
cute, in personality.  However at 1:00 a.m ths decided to go  out.  I donâ??t
want to say it was cold, but my eyes froze solid, I lost  three fingers to
frostbite, my toes turned black and I fell into a snow drift  and passed out.
OK, it wasnâ??t that cold, but from some a Jew from  California, it was cold.
My people are desert people.

Randy Chessnut is sitting in front of us.  He just came by and said  that
no one should e-mail him, he forgot to set no mail.

Gloria has the group standing and there they go, Raul, Savain, Diane Mike,
George and Alex.  I wonder how I know all these people and how long I will
remember who they are. Gloria says to line them up at the white wall. Up
against  the wall MF.  Oh wait, that is another event, she walks to the front
looking at each of them as she walks down the line.  Now she sends them
around againa nd Mike takes a lot of space, she does slow his dog downa dn he
looks better from up here. Paula Cook just came by and gave me some money.
There  is a long story behind that. Thatâ??s my story and I am sticking to it.
She goes  down the line and talks a long time to Mike. He doesnâ??t look
happy, and I bet  she told him to slow him down.

Gloria walks back and Alex went to get his owner to pet and there he goes
at the end and they all go around, and yes, Mike is trying to slow down his
dog  and get a loose lead.  He does and Gloria walks over to the class, and
has  her arms crossed.

She looks them over, (notice how there is not reason for my  parargraphs?)
She is standing still, looking and they call for clean-up,  so she looks at
the ring stewards and Bob Grady goes out in a full blown purple  suit. Now
where do you buy those. I see Gloria tells them to stand them, vement  in
the ring. Sylvain, Diane, Mike, George Raul and Alex.  There they go and
Gloria is walking looking, and leaning and she keeps looking at Mikeâ??s dog,
but
he is workingtoo hard. She walks over to the group and she approaches Mike
and  looks and looks at the dog. I think she likes him, I sure do. Mike
stacks him  and she says something to Mike and he seems intent on what she is
saying and she  takes the last four with Mike in front and the crowd loves
that, and she looks  at them and she is walking and Mike has him slower and on
a loose lead.

She sends that group over to the end of the ring, and brings out the first
group.  Now they are lined up with Kent, Jeff Cindy, Morris, Linda and  Al.
 Mike Cheeks is talking to us and how we can strange everything. He  doesnâ??
t like the way we have to view the dogs.  It isnâ??t the best  situation.  Now
they all come into the ring.

She moves them around and there is some confussion from our point but I
think those in the ring are under control. She wants to see Cindy, Morris,
Linda  Al, Raul and Alex. I suspect it might be over for open dogs with that
group. She  wants them to stop and she walks to them and takes Morris to
second and tells  them to tack and she moves Raul and Alex to second and third.

There they  go and They take a pass and she moves Alex to second.  Cindy in
front,  Alex, Raul, Morris, Linda and Al, and she keeps Cindy, and sends the
rest to  Open Dog Hell. There they are, Kent, Jeff Sylvain, Diane Mike,
(whot the hell do  I know?), George and Cindy. She walks over to them and is
swinging her arms,and  looks them over and now crosses her arms. I would hate
to play poker with her.  She moves Diane up one and wants to see her last
four, Sylvain, Mike, George and  Cindy,a nd off they go, not that hopeful. I
think someone is going to go  fourth.  Tose are four nice dogs, but evidently
not enough. BenMdGovern  just came by and I talked to him last night for a
bit.

Gloria goes tothe front of these four, touches each dog, and talks to
everyone.  Linda Bankhead came by and now back to the show. Gloria is  lookng
at
the four and wants them to take another pass and they each leave a lot  of
room this time, and there they are and Gloria is applauding and this might
be  the last time for someone.  There are three against the wall. And she
walks  to the last four and says something to them and moves George and Cindy
up so  Mike is last in the class.  She takes the tow and one of them should
be  Best Of Dump.  Two up there Mike is still last.  She is only looking  at
Sylvain and George, and they go back the way they were, and Mike goes to the
 ring of dispair, and she looks at her first three.   There are now two
Against the White Wall, George and Cindy. The three, Kent, Jeff and Diane are
about to fight it out for the class. Gloria is walking as she looks and
they all  take a slow easy pass. I do like wht Kent is doing with his dog.
Gloria tells  them to applaud and stand.

Down and back for the first three.  Diane first, then Jeff, and now  Kent.
They all look clean from here, and I am in direct line with them. Boy is
Jeffâ??s dog smooth.

Dottie Bowman came by and reminded me I am doing there  next  year.   After
she reads this nonsense she may change her mind.  I  had to take a break,
we are drinking a lot of water up here, and she has three  in there.

Kent is in front with and Oscar son, owned by Ellen, they cal him Eli. Then
 Jeff and Diane, they are fighting for the class, and they are working the
dogs  and Gloria is swinging her arms and I think that has meaning but she
stops them  and is walking faster. She looks at the three of them standing
and goes to the  front and puts her arms on her hips.  She brings the rest out
there and  Sylvain is in fourth and there are seven in ther, Kient in
front.  Lots of  cheers now, and there they go and Gloria looks determined and
NO, she stops  thema nd everyone thought that was.  Diane goes to second
Georgie to  fourth, and there they go, maybe YES?  And YES, Thatâ??s it.

First is EJM Nâ??Eko-Lanâ??s Eli, Second is Uptonâ??s I Walk The Line, Third is

Shadyrockâ??s Andalusa Tango and Fourth is Hillkrestâ??s Smooth Operader.
Again, blame Flower Boy for any mistakes.

On to Open Bitches.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/