[ SHOWGSD-L ] Open Bitches

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:16:58 EDT

It is going to be another great day.  We got here early and watched as  the
arena filled.  Flower Boy is here so it should be fun.  The Open  Bitches are
going into the ring. I see Ricky and just said hello to Karen  Taylor.  I see
that Oâ??Connor is going into the Special class right behind  Elmo. Timing is
everything. I get to show George in the Presentation Class  Today, and I am
stocked.

There are 15 in there, and he is keeping eight to work with.  I see  Alex
talking on the phone, and Also I see that Marilyn is watching Dan who is in  a
red jacket with black pants, the club colors.  Marilyn told me yesterday  that
Dan looked cute in there. I wouldnâ??t have used that phrase, but he is doing
good job.  He looks good doing it too.

There they go.  In front is Mike, then Lori, third is Greg and then  Reggie,
Diane, Jeff and two handlers whose names I know but canâ??t remember. The
longer I do this stuff, the less names I am going to remember. I can see it
coming. I also see I missed the second place handler, Christina, and she is
also  in
red and black. We have the full staff here now, Tony, Bob and myself. We do
make a team, and I am not sure it is safe here. I do have to go buying today,
and will find stuff for the office staff.  Maybe I will just buy two dollar
pens from Rescue.  Norma is here today and her house is coming around, and  I
did talk to Carmen yesterday for a minute. He is busy, and seemed to be in a
good mood. I hope not too many people are attacking him over AKC stuff.

I did lose all that I said yesterday during the American Bred Dog Class, so
I may repeat myself. I did see Scootie, and most of the day I was talking to
Helen and Ralph Roberts who were sitting with us in the booth. Helen talked
about a picture she has of herself at Ralphâ??s home with her arm around  Ulk.
It is amazing that they had cameras then.

Helen is here each day, and trying not to get too involved, and she is
ready. Fran and Joan just came in, and it is good to see Joan looking so  well.

Bob Freeny came by and waved, and He has been here every day. I did  have
breakfast with Gail Sprock and she seems just like she always does, and has  as
sharp a sense of humor as always. I think the reports of her problems are
probably true, but she is doing well,, and it made me feel a lot better to see
that.
 Now Tiffany is walking by and there goes Reggie with his bitch for  the
individual.

I did say how pleased I was to see Reggie win the American Bred Dog class,
he lead most of the class and did a great job.  He had a dog that Bob and I
noticed when he first went in, and he never made a bad step, and deserved the
class. I saw Jamie at the end of the day, with Sue and Kim, and she still had a
 smile. This would be a lot of hard work to judge for three days, and I doubt
I  could do it.  More people here today, even this early. Gail Hardcastle is
here, and she has been working every day. They must have just let her out. I
see  Carlos Navara, and he and I did talk yesterday.

Iza is here with some stuff at a booth, and maybe that is where I will go  to
spend my money. But Sally has all her stuff too, and it is top quality, but
maybe too good for my staff. I do have a reputation for cheap I need to
protect.

I feel badly about losing all the American Bred Dog class, mainly because
all of my best writing was done in that post. I had solved the crisis in Iraq,
and figured out how to save all the children of the world. If I have time, I
will try to remember what my solutions were.

Libby is here today, and I did say a bit to her earlier.

Dan moved Jeff to the front, the only one he moved in this class.  The  bitch
is Dancing Doll, and did take a nice pass.  I see that the booths are  open,
so maybe it might be a good time to do some shopping, so I will return in  a
bit.   I hate being Jewish. I canâ??t bring myself to spend $25.00 for  a
T-shirt. Now I donâ??t know what to do.

I did get to see Jane Kerner and Pam Stoesser, (I know I didnâ??t spell that
right, but at this point, who cares?) and also got to hug Diane Brown. So, my
national is complete.  I saw Frank Fasano, and he is the only person smart
enough to be wearing gloves. It is a bit cold.

Bill Basu is in there with his black bitch and the crowd loves her.   Erin
came by and she and Nancy work so hard all national, but the amazing thing  is
that they do it with a smile on their face. Eric is out in the ring, and
letting his bitch go out on a loose lead for the individual.  Everyone is
doing
it, and there is very little temperament problems. I only saw a few, and  that
was in the young dogs.  I see Jerry Guzman is entertaining the crowd,  and the
judging is not holding out attention at this time.  Maybe I will go  buy a
heater for our feet for tomorrow. Now Dania has joined us, so my life is
complete.

Dan is working on his second group and doing some arranging. He has them
take off, in the lead is Eric, (but this is the end of the group, so not that
exciting) and George is in front of the keepers, and then Patty, Tiffany and
Bil
l Basu.  Dan talks to the steward, and brings in the rest of them.   He has
them arranged, and he has now eight left in the ring.  The Guz is  here and
looking for some candy, and now Dan is pointing, and in Front is Jeff,  then
George, patty, and Diane. Dan asks the rest to take a lap, and that is not  a
group with a lot of smiles.  Mike, Lori, Bill and Tiffany, and Dan has  his
hands
behind his back, goes to the front of the Dumps, and looks back and  tells
them all to stand back and goes over to his first four.  And there  they go, in
front is Jeff and Dancing Doll, then George with Cazadora, and then  Patty with
Mega Million and Diane with All American Girl. Dan is looking at Jeff  and
asks him to go down and back, and he does so. He takes directions well. The
crowd likes her.  Dan stands and looks at her standing and goes over her  tail.

He now wants George to Come and Go with Cazadora, some applause, but  not as
much. She is pretty, and Dan wants to see the first two together,a nd so  he
goes to the center of the ring, and stands, and tells them to go, and off  they
go. Two very very pretty bitches.  It is a big ring, and That is the  Way it
is!  First is Shadyrockâ??s Dancing Doll, Second is Acaraâ??s Cazadora,  third
is
Sunrize Meg-A-Million V Jeri-Lan and fourth is Sher-Loâ??s All American  Doll.

Dania is helping me with what is going on, and so it should make more  sense.
 Now, on to the Dogs.  More to come.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together