[ SHOWGSD-L ] One persons answer to heartworm preventative

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:00:54 -0400

Thank you to all those who wrote to tell me what they use for heartworm
preventative.  Most people use the traditional heartworm preventative
that we all know about.  However, I just got this e-mail this morning
and found it interesting.  She told me that I can pass it on to the
list, so that's just what I'm doing.  Does anyone else use this for
heartworm control?  I heard it was good for those other pests (fleas &
ticks), but this is the first time I've read that it was good for
heartworm as well.  So let me know what you guys think.  Best wishes,
Barbara       Here's what one reader wrote to me:

Go to earthworks and read up on diatemaseous earth (FOOD GRADE ONLY)   I
give this to dogs, cats, and horses at my house.  It kills ALL types of
parasites including heartworm.  NO frontline, ivomectin etc. here.
Read all the wonderful things it does for people and animals and then
pass all the info on to all on the list.  I don't have time to write it
all down right now or I would, on the way to work.