[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: One or the other

  • From: Terri Stout <tlsgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:21:55 -0400 (EDT)

True, it does help give some people a goal to get their dogs off the couch.?
Myself, I have always
loved to Special my dogs even before the new title was available.? My late
Heidi was a born show dog
and more than anything, the show ring was her home - ask anyone who saw her or
played a part in her
life.? Many times I was asked when I was going to retire her and my answer was
always "when she says
it's time."? Also, when she was diagnosed with cancer, we set goals that we
wanted to reach, and being
able to get that title was one of them.? Now I know she probably had no idea
what those goals meant that
I kept telling her we had, but darn it - she achieved that title at almost 10
1/2 years of age, and looked
darn good doing it.? I have never been prouder of anything than I was watching
that dog fly around the
ring for almost 11 years and loving every second of it.? While she had one
litter and was a good mom, that
was not her destiny.?
?
Now Evan - Ruby also has a goal - can you guess what it is :)