[ SHOWGSD-L ] One of those days....ears, oy veh. AKA "adventures of a breeder"

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:46:25 -0800

Ok, My  Friends with a zillion years experience  amongst them...
We took back a 10 mos old male GSD today, a pet, who's wonderful family
cannot
keep him due to severe financial problems.  (They cried , I felt terrible)
He is a big guy, 10 mos, nice temperament...and his ears were never set.
They never let me know they were only partially up.   Eventhough I asked
them to let me know.
They have xint bases.  All his litter mates have xint ears, if that matters?
I immediately rolled them and braced them.
I know not a snowball's chance....but any other ideas?   I think the oldest
dog I had the ears come up
was 11 mos, a 1/2 German 1/2 American HUGE male...twenty years ago...
Some days....now we have a lovely pet male with floppy ears...and no where
else to call home.
  *Bless his Heart.*
Kathy Tank