[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: One new idea from Evan

  • From: "Gail Hardcastle" <hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:23:42 -0800

> Zoe offered to set me up with a web camera.  I will do it, if allowed,
> and
> with a new internet chairman in the club, this might be the year. John
> Ayotte,
> Zoe and me, should do it.
>
> Can you imagine having a chance to log on every hour or so and see who is
> there?
> We will wait to see what Gail and crowd wants.  I expect they will  want
> what
> is best for us all.
>
> Evan

Speaking only for myself and unofficially for 48 hours...
I love the idea of a web cam. I think that "what is best for all of us"  is
giving  all of us what we want!

We need to have goals for the upcoming year and this one excites me. I will
put this on the agenda and perhaps we could have a short report to inform us
of what steps need to be taken to make this a reality. I do not think that
providing this service would impact video sales, entries or attendance. This
is a great service that we could provide to those who can't attend. We have
educational dollars that we could perhaps use to offset set-up expenses.
Again...I am only thinking and not speaking for the Board.

We are relocating our parent club website and we will have a greatly
improved shoppers cart and new capabilities. Evan, can you work on this? We
would need a report in a couple weeks to present at the next meeting. I have
to support the idea that this would be available on the new parent club
site.

Gail
Please feel free to distribute as I am not on all the lists. I would also
like to be informed if posts are made on other lists that require an answer
from me or the Board. Thanks