[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: One brag...One weekend

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <TRAFALGARgsds@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:16:53 -0700

The rule merely requires that the person taking up bandwidth to brag on the
List be the
breeder or owner of the dog, or owner  of  the sire or dam.   It does not say
that bragging
excludes handlers.   If the handler's name is on the dog's AKC Reg. they are an
owner and
are able to brag.   It's really is a simple and reasonable rule.
There can be several owners and breeders AND Handlers on one dog...and THEIR
fans,
and groomers and conditioners/ trainers, etc.   So how many people would  we
want to be
able to brag on one dog and his wins.....  owners, breeders, handlers,
trainers, groomers
conditioners and friends that love the dog, love the handler and love the
owners and breeders..?

Also, the Admn. reasonably asks that we not congratulate each brag  publicly to
save bandwidth
on the List.  How difficult is it to just hit "reply"   instead of "reply all"
when sending a congrats.
I think our list Admn. does an admirable job.  We should be able to easily
comply with all rules
and yet ........ even then, now and then we will make mistakes and need to be
reminded.
 It has never been a 'hangin' offense' .......just occasional reminders.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com