[ SHOWGSD-L ] One Herding fool...

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:25:31 -0700

I had a blast yesterday....
Alycia was taking Cassie (Let's see if I can get this right: Am Ch.& Can.
Sel. Ch, BIF Can FV, XYZ & ABC Castlehill's Cuz I Can v Frontier) to herding
class. I went along and WOW!

This is where the judging should happen..., while they are herding the
sheep. Several dogs went in, did there thing - one bit the sheep and held on
for dear life. Not pretty at all....  Then Cassie went in. She worked a wide
circle, not after the sheep at all, cutting and gaiting and rounding them up
as if she knew what she was doing. I was amazed, for in fact, she did know
what she was doing - she was bred to it.

After the first couple of minutes both of the trainers were smiling and then
arguing which one got to take her to trial. I was standing there (forgive
me - I am a tough man!) crying.... Seldom do I see such graceful, easy
movement - but there is was, not only heart stopping outreaching movement
but in an enviornemnt that is was intended for.....

Gosh I love these dogs.
Dave