[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Once a day VS twice a day feeding?

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:58:43 -0500

I know I've already said some things on this subject and admitted I've never
had a case in around 40 yrs.
However, if you will I'd like to know what is "SIBO"?   I've had a couple
horses colic thru the years and
everyone agreed it has a lot to do with feeding -- timing, type, condition
of the food itself, and the animal
rather than any inherited gene.  One thing tho, a horse cannot vomit, so
we'd put mineral oil up their noses
and walk and walk them so they'd not lie down and roll and make it worse.
The few I had colic survived
and never had any future problems.  It seemed, at the time, to be a case of
bad food on the one and the
other had gotten into a bag and gorged herself.   Just would like to know as
it's a bad mess.   Norma no L