[ SHOWGSD-L ] On to 2010

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 10:38:00 EST

Don't you hate it when people get reflective at the beginning  of the year?
 Looking at past doings  and what we can  change?   New Years day always
does that to me, so agree or  not, I plan to share.

Looking forward, I have been thinking about the list.  I  know there are so
many lurkers out there.  The survival of the list  is due to participation.
How many get frustrated on the days there are  only a few posts.  Good or
bad goings on,  it brings you back to  check  on it just the same as you
cannot help staring at a train  wreck, no pun intended.  Am not sure some days
what I would do  without my companion, the list. It sometimes  owns me 1 hour
a  day.   You all have had down days or the needed sit down break when  you
count on the list to make you smile or give you some thought provoking
idea.  But it all comes back to participation.   You are  all members so get
involved with it.  How many have been helped by  the list?  How many friends
have you made through the  list?   Anyway, you get the idea....support the
list and it will  support you when you need it.

Other thoughts..........if you have never gotten involved in  the animal
rights fights, it is almost past time for you.   This  year, make the effort
to write a few letters, contact a few  representatives to let them know your
thoughts.  Being dog people,  you can't tell me you don't have some strong
idea's.    If  there are things you don't understand, ask knowledgeable
people.   There is no one more informed than Stormy Hope.   Ask her how  you
can
help before someone knocks on YOUR door and asks for your dog or  tells you
you have to put it to sleep because it is on a  "list".   Right now, help is
needed to push against the doings  of HSUS and their very questionable use
of funds. There have been  posts the past few days....write the letter!
They are a  powerful voice that's mission is to GET RID OF ALL DOMESTIC
PETS...read  that again if it has not woken you up yet.

Beyond that, support a club.  If you are close enough to  attend meetings,
do.  You may find you get a lot more from that than  you put in.  AND, the
bonus is, it supports the breed and the  continuation of a sport we all love
and don't want to go down the  tubes.  If you cannot attend meetings, pay
dues and support those  that do the work.
Know what is going on in the GSDCA.  They are the  elected guardians by us
to do right by the breed.  Support the  board..............and give them a
pat on the back occasionally for all  the volunteer time that they give us.
Their job is not  easy.   Volunteer to help with the load...there are many
committee's.  Send Tish a message and tell her what you are  interested in.
 She is the gal in charge as of  today.    Good luck Tish, know we are here
to help you any  way we can.

Lastly (I know you are glad I am getting to that)    support each other.
Heaven knows the love of dogs will take you on  one of the most interesting
roller coaster rides in your life.  The  highs of taking  the points at a
show, getting another leg on your  performance quest, holding that newborn pup
in your hands still wet and  bawling with all your hopes in a hand, having a
friend there to share all  of it with........the low's of losing a dog,
having your dreams crushed  over and over and getting back up and going forward
anyway, of being  subject to the sometimes nastiness the competitive world
brings with it,  of the bite of a friend.  It's life folks and dam don't we
just love  it!

Stand  behind the breed...........they are the  brightest, most beautiful
and most versatile on the earth.   And  they will always do right by

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark