[ SHOWGSD-L ] On the light side-my obedience pup

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

On the lighter side of things:

  Best wishes to all of you who are going to the Can. Natl's.  One day I'll see
ya'll there..

  This is Chase, my obedience hopeful. We haven't been training much, because
I'm using him as my conformation crash test dummy. he's helping me learn how to
train for conformation ring.  I decided to take him to the all breed club for
an obedience run through. He needed the outing badly.  I didn't expect much...
but he gave me so much more.
  When I took of the leash I expected disaster, but he heeled very well, came
when I called, stood for exam, stayed on the long sit. His only mistake was
breaking the long down and going directly to heel during the recall. This is
good since I never practiced the long down at more than 6 ft.

  The trainers were impressed, he's only eight months. I was impressed as well.

  Chase is a German show/working line cross, with a touch of amer show.   Can
you tell from this pict?

  Denise and Chase

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.