[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: On a brighter note for those interested!!!

  • From: "Emilie" <windvane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:43:03 -0800

Good work!Giselda,
Emilie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 6:06 AM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] On a brighter note for those interested!!!

Hi
I had a surprise call from the Dog Control Officer in my town of Hope, thats
in BC for those who don't know where it is.  I called him back when I
arrived home from work, and to my surprise, he had some wonderful news for
me about the lonely lost Golden Retriever female that I helped catch a week
ago on monday.  Turns out, no one called to report her lost or no one called
to even claim her and they have to hold the dogs for 5 days.  After the 5
days she seemed a bit lethargic and a little ill, so they had her checked
out, turns out she had been lost for a while they figure as she had been
eating garbage that people have dumped by the lake.  She ate a bit of tin
foil, so she managed to pass it or bring it up I can't remember what he said
and she was fine after that.  They put her up for adoption but in the mean
time I had contacted the Golden retriever rescue in B.C, who called him
right away, and for that I am thankful to that rescue, they are very quick
and caring.  An older
  gentleman from West Vancouver, had lost his old beloved dog and he called
to see if he could come and see her, so he did and Ian said it was the
weirdest thing, it was like an old long lost love, they both fell in love
with each other at that moment.  He adopted her on the spot, took her home
and straight to the vet for an exam.  The vet said she is in excellent
health, and about 5 to 6 years old.  I am gathering she is a spayed dog, but
had no tattoo or microchip.  He is extremely happy with the dog and likewise
the dog with him.  And so I was almost in tears when he told me, and told
him I had not stopped thinking about her since I caught her.  A very happy
ending indeed!!!
And on another note, I have finally lost 17 pounds and was thinking about
putting my girl on the weighwatcher diet, but I don't think she would
appreciate salad and vegetable soup!!!!

Giselda

8:35 AM