[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Omission from Jan 2013 Board mtg minutes?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

I would not have agreed with before message possibly a year or so ago but
today I think at it totally different.  As UKC had registered White
Shepherds as a separate breed for several years with now as Jen mentioned
changed
now how a White Shepherd can be registered it is a disaster waiting
to happen.  I will never believe in linebreeding or inbreeding close up as I
have seen personally
the undesirable results.  The last 2 GSD's I have purchased was a sable who had
a white GSD
as her dam and a sable sire, the other the one I own now had White Shepherd
sire and a black and tan dam.
So I feel I do have a purpose to respond to this after seeing first hand the
situation that is unfolding.
I do not have a problem with the color of dog another person owns but my
opinions today have changed.

I want a GSD that is healthy, sound temperament that lives a long healthy life
and I feel that is over 13 and I am not
seeing this today very often.  If a GSD of any color can not live free of
issues for their lifetime a solution needs to be
found so they can.  I do get tired of excuses of why the dog is not healthy or
has temperament issues.  My 18 year
old German GSD-Collie 2 breed dog lived his whole life able to travel through
my father's salvage yard but was never sick
a day in his life.  So I do not believe the chemical issues causing  the main
problems, it is and always will be the genetic
makeup and the immune system of the dog.  Yes, every truck, car, etc. was
removed of all the chemicals before put in the yard but
just like any vehicle there is no way to remove ever trace.  Otherwise I would
like someone to explain how certain families be it
a person or animal family that does not carry health issues where the genes
show others do?  Yes, asbestos is a serious situation
unknown years ago to cause cancer but today we know it can.  Again cars,
trucks, etc contained asbestos was in the salvage yard
yet my dog did not die of cancer.

Explain why owners take the best care of their GSD's go to holistic vets, feed
the best food available, keep their dogs away from
all chemicals, etc. yet these dogs have allergies, DM, EPI, are lost to cancer,
IBS, bloat, etc. ?  This is to be taken seriously as dogs are in
trouble today and unless things change it is going to get much worse.

Theresa