[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Olympic Equestrian Team

  • From: "BlackHawk Farms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>, <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:02:32 -0700

Hi Sally,
No, Havent shown in a horse show since 2005 and then it was a catchride on
WGC Pushin' For Pleasure.
My dad was a horse trainer, he trained performance walking horses, so we
kinda "grew up" in the barn around padded walking horses and racking horses.

I had a black mare that was unbeatable in 2004-2005, after a few people went
to management to complain that "the black mare keeps beating us"...I had to
tone it down a bit for their sakes. When I brought out my "Tweak" gelding,
(An Heir About Him)... my trainers daughter showed him to an undefeated
season in 2006. I stayed away.

Here are Pictures of "Benny Girl" (the strawberry roan with me), Tweak (with
Lauren Shaw) and  Lady (The black mare in western that caused the
commotion!).

Dogs were my thing. I started out in a 4-H project and it was a very nice
Sheree Weare (now Sheree Moses) who came to my house in AL, picked me up and
took me to the dog shows. She had gotten her first show dog from Diane
Strasser and I was in awe. Sheree taught me a lot and put the effort into
me. Trust me, had it not been for her, marching band and dog shows, I
wouldve been a juvenille delinquent.

Mike