[ SHOWGSD-L ] Old girl w/ swollen belly

  • From: Linda DeLarso <lindelgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-L <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:45:11 -0500

I was just a a very close friends of mine to go see their old gal. She is a
puppy they got from me as a baby. She turned 12 a couple of months ago. She
has been having for the last few weeks with weakness in her back legs. Well
today she tells me her belly looks bigger, like she is gaining weight , but
yet the last month she hasn¹t been eating real well. Well when I got there I
was shocked, her belly is HUGE. I was thinking when we talked that maybe it
was fluid or maybe she had something go on inside where she had internal
bleeding. Her belly is not soft...he is very firm in fact. And when she lays
down she looks like a girl that is 6 weeks in whelp. She even throws her
hind leg out like they do with a baby belly.
So my question is does a mass act like this or could she have SO much fluid
/blood etc that her belly is THAT large and firm??
Either way it is nit good @ 12 years old .  Her lil Pug buddy constantly is
smelling her belly and rear area....which I don¹t think is a good sign
either as I know dogs can smell cancer.
Thanks,

Linda DeLarso
Lindel Shepherds