[ SHOWGSD-L ] Old dogs and subfreezing weather in Central Florida

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 00:09:49 GMT

Ocala gets hit by freezing weather every winter - a night here, a night there -
it always warms up to at least 40 by 10 AM.  Tonight it's going down to 29 with
a high of 45 tomorrow but ...
Wednesday night the forecast is for a low of 17 degrees (does not include any
wind chill) warming up to the high 40's Thursday.

Except for maybe Slider, none of the Hooligans has ever been exposed to such
extreme cold weather before.

I have three seniors that I'm really concerned about.  I checked my closet and
may be able to fit the old guys with some sweatshirts or flannel shirts that
they can wear to dash out and go potty.  Is there anything else I should do
while they're outside when it's that cold?  I'm not that worried about the
three younger fellows, I'm sure they can handle a few minutes of bitter cold
weather.

The Hooligans like to go out about 5 AM and I don't think I can ask them to
hold themselves for 3 or 4 extra hours.  They eat outside and can wait for
breakfast until it warms up.

Thanks for any tips you can give me.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums
Click to learn how to become a world famous writer or poet.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4tvWRtJFw8Vav9fmrqxayCNcHNyjCMVWkeDMdbHVdEj4PSO6/