[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 'Old dog' odor

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, falkrigia@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:42:51 -0800 (PST)

Can you tell us how it works??
  please.

  Terry
Katherine Heckman <chgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have found, with all of my dogs, I use Extra-Virgin Coconut oil. It comes
in a tub, and is a solid. (You can also buy it in capsules if they won't eat
the solid, but I haven't had that problem.)I give them about 1 TBSP. a day with
their food, and it has really helped with doggie smell and doggie breath, not
to mention it has a ton of other benefits for their health. You can buy it a
GNC stores. Just make sure you get the unprocessed coconut oil. And it's good
for you too! It takes about a week or so to really see a difference, but I
would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Hope this helps!

Katherine Heckman, Vice -Pres.Last Hope, Safe HavenDonations may be made
to:Paypal via Windwych@xxxxxxxxx"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so
kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truely & forgive quickly."> From:
Falkrigia@xxxxxxx> Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:52:07 -0500> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ]
'Old dog' odor> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Does anyone have a solution for the
body odor that old dogs seem to get? My > old Ch Vachon is 11 now and no matter
how often he's bathed, he still has that > distinctive 'oldage' body odor. has
anyone found something that works to > eliminate it either topically or
supplement-wise? He seems in excellent health > but I'm sending him for a
check-up to make sure it's not something physical. > He's not incontinent at
all and has no mobility problems of any significance. > His sire Quothe the
Raven is doing great with no significant incontinence or > mobility issues at
almost 13 years of age but he
 li
ves in his own 'suite' ;-) > in the kennel building with the run of the
property so the oldage odor is > not such an issue there, while Vachon is
indoors at night.> Medicated shampoo doesn't seem to help much.> Thanks in
advance,> lynda> > Check out our websites below for regular updates> Gene
Workman> Lynda Bragg-Workman> Falkrigia Shepherds> _www.falkrigiashepherds.com_
(http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/) > _www.thecraftywoodchuck.com_
(http://www.thecraftywoodchuck.com/) > > BOD - Last Hope, Safe Haven German
Shepherd Rescue Coordination>
_http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/LASTHOPEforGermanShepherds/_ >
may be made to:> Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx> > Training director - Old Fella
Burke County Animal Rescue> _http://oldfella.org/_ (http://oldfella.org/) > > >
> ************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com>
=======================> POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the
property of the original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS
or FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS
ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY
MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL
VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For
assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT
OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>
Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble
challenge with star power.

http://mail.yahoo.com