[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Old Time Dogs - Questions

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

I would but I am not an "old timer" :-)
Joan

----- Original Message ----
From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:12:26 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Old Time Dogs - Questions

Okay...

I have been cruising through all the old Reviews that I received (thanks Bud!)
and we're talking OLD as in late 60's and 70's..

I know the goal is to always look forward when you are breeding, but there were
some BEAUTIFUL dogs in those old Reviews.

Can someone tell me about some of the old time dogs? Temperaments, what their
faults were, etc... I really like Lance, Mannix and MANY of the west coast
dogs. Lots of stockier dogs, more bone, substance, etc.

There was a dog - Ch. Lakeside's Gilligan Island... He looked like a very
handsome dog - maybe a bit long for some, but what was he like? Why did he die
so young?

I remember when I lived at home, we were going through a bunch of my mom's old
dal stuff and I asked about all the old time dals, etc... Dogs I may have met
once when I was a small child or whatever. I think it is good to know that
stuff because as the older generation of dog folks die out, you loose valuable
info.

Old Timers? Would you like to think about the past for a bit?

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.hotmail.com)
& The Shepherd Girls

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook ? together at last.  Get it
now.