[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ok..last thing

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: caggra@xxxxxxx, ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 11:13:38 -0500 (EST)

Nicely said Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Caggra@xxxxxxx <caggra@xxxxxxx>
To: ninemaplefarm <ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx>; showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Dec 8, 2011 9:14 am
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ok..last thing

Hi Sara,
As it would appear you tend to do, I used to view the world in only black and
hite.  It's either this or that.  This is either true or it's fiction.  As an
A" personality I still struggle with this some in life, my job, etc.  Your
erception is your reality.  Unfortunately, that does not always equate to real
ruth.  And it takes some practice & humility reconciling that sometimes.
       "But, judging by the posts and private e-mails (with the
       exception of a few), it would appear that the breed has zero problems
nd
       everyone outside of the GSD world (and myself) are nuts."
I read most of the responses to you and I did not read a consensus that the
reed has zero problems.  I am very certain that most breeders, exhibitors, and
andlers in the GSD world would certainly each give you a list of issues within
he breed.   I also do not believe any breed is without issue (whether health,
emperment, etc.)   Breeding is just as much art as science, but there are no
uarantees.   You breed dog A to dog B with the intentions of getting C, but you
et something completely different sometimes.  Even very experienced and
uccesful breeders will tell you this.  Yes, some will lie to you.  Some will
ide the issues in their lines.  Most will be up front though.  And I don't
elieve the GSD community has a monopoly on issues, untruths, etc.  We are just
 slice of society.  There are many good people in our breed and hopefully you
ind your path to one who you can work well with.
Just remember that more times than not the truth lies in the middle and as with
ust about everything in life you have to be able to view situations, problems,
nd disarray in shades of gray and make the best decision possible for you.
Best,
eff
Jeff Pyle
indfall