[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ok, I'm frustrated!

  • From: "Tom Elkins" <firethorntemplete@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:00:19 -0800

I'd encourage her to climb. I'd keep building higher and higher fences. When
I got the fence up to twenty feet and she could climb that, I'd get  find
another breeder on the List (surely there are some) that's breeding good
climbers , and I'd breed their best climber to mine. Within a decade I'll
bet that if we kept breeding the best climbers to one another they'd start
to breed true. Then we could apply to AKC for a new breed variety called
Climbing Shepherds and start competing. It could be a kind of  designer
breed, but registerable of course. I think the AKC would approve, given the
"let the thousand flowers bloom" mode that is the tone of the times for
them.                                                  tom elkins