[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ok, I read the old v pending Florida Legislative Alert

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:02:31 EST

Thanks Denise for the link w/ the current v. proposed legislation.

Looks like if this passes, you folks in FL who sell the greater of 2  litters
or 20 puppies will be raising your prices to reflect the increased vet  costs
AND to establish a "slush" fund to cover the 150% of the purchase price  for
the possibility of a puppy found within the first year to have a congenital
problem.  (PA is 25 dogs, 10 days disease, 30 days congenital defect, and  up
to 100% of the purchase price.  Not that you want to see anyone w/ a  problem,
but a year is tough.  Websters defines congenital as "acquired  during
development in the uterus and not through heredity".  Boy, over a  year, if the
puppy
develops a problem, could THAT get interesting!   Given that "your" vet
issued a health cert stating the puppy was healthy and  free of congenital
defect,
there's bound to be a battle of the experts...where  my inclination to avoid
any hard feelings would be to say here's your money  back...up to 150% for
veterinary costs????  Hmmmm....after what you  have in the puppy before you
sell
it in the first place...could get  pricey!)

(Because the proposed FL legislation dictates folks be made aware of their
rights, if I were in FL, I'd include it in my contract that they have received
a  copy of, read and understand bill # such and such. I do that now for PA
because  if someone hits 25 dogs sold and doesn't, believe it or not, it can be
up to a  $1000 fine per incident for individuals NOT being made aware of their
protection under the law in addition to whatever monies flow back to them for
 vet bills up to the purchase price of the dog.  I haven't ever made it to
the point where I've reached the threshold #s for the PA Lemon Law but I still
include it.  It makes folks on the purchasing end feel better I think and  if
my vet and I miss something, I figure I'm writing a check anyway.)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!
visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_