[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ohio State Dog Food Study

  • From: Diane Holliday <dlholliday@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:31:53 -0700

I thought this might be of interest.

The study link is at
http://www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/fahrp/lab_pages/lejeune/research/
dogfood.htm

From: "Jeff LeJeune" <lejeune.3@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Raw meat feeding
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:14:02 -0500

" Making people aware of both the risks and advantages of feeding
commercial,
raw and home-prepared food is terribly needed. In an effort to advance
the
state of knowledge on this subject, our laboratory is currently
conducting a
scientific study to determine some of the health benefits/risk, if any
of
feeding raw meat diets to dogs.

In this regard we are looking for individuals who feed raw diets (and an
equal number of home or commercial diet-fed)to their dogs. We simply
ask for
a small sample of the dogs food, a fecal sample, the dust from the
home's
vacuum cleaner bag and a brief survey. If you have any contacts, or
ways to
disseminate this information, I would greatly appreciate getting the
word
out. We pay all the laboratory costs, even the shipping, and report the
results back to the owners.

Thanks for your assistance,
Jeff

Jeffrey T. LeJeune, DVM PhD
Assistant Professor
Food Animal Health Research Program, OARDC
The Ohio State University
1680 Madison Ave
Wooster OH 44691-4096

E-mail: lejeune.3@xxxxxxx