[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ohio

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:47:12 -0700

> I guess I could stay in beautiful  Banning, but anyone who has been
> here, knows what that means.
> Evan L.  Ginsburg

I've been there many times...
Banning is a quaint suburban town with rural charm, out of the hustle
and bustle of the Southern California mass metropolis. It's timeless
charm and unmistakable period attraction is one of the wonders of old
Route 66. Nestled in the beauty of orange groves with a striking view
of the San Bernardino Mountains, this quite town is a popular stop off
spot for the rich and famous going from Hollywood to Palm Springs.

Actually, I-10 used to end at Banning and pick up a few miles east at
Cabazon. The speed limit was 65 on the freeway but became 25 as the
freeway emptied onto the city streets. While mad ticked tourists used
to complain, Banning and Cabazon lobbied to keep the state from
completing the freeway because it was their only source of revenue.
Famous Southern California lawyer Evan Ginsburg made a fortune
defending speeders, while lobbying for Banning to keep the freeway
from going through!

Ancient memories...

Now you all know the truth....
By the way, not all of the above is true. You'll have to decide which
part.

I will however, write brags for ugly dogs for a fee!
Dave