[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Offending everyone

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:41:07 -0800 (PST)

Merry Christmas David and may the Great Spirit Smile on your family and your
insurance company

Terry
David Fritsche <dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This week I offended almost everyone....

I started by wishing one of our new home owners a Merry Christmas,
only to find out they were an easily offended member of another faith.
I wished the president of our company a Happy Holidays, only to find
out that he was a devout Christian tired of politically correct
greetings. I switched back to Merry Christmas with a subcontractor,
who turned out to be a member of the ACLU.

Musing about my mistakes in greeting etiquet on the way home, all the
traffic in front of me came to an instant, total dead stop - like from
50 MPH to Zero - as they piled into each other. I joined them,
slamming into the rest and totalling my 1 month old new Suburban. The
fellow in front of me was offended and I did not get to even wish him
happy anything!

My car is gone, but I am OK.... My offended acquaintenances do not
really much matter in the scheme of life. I have good friends who are
Christian, Jewish, gentiles, moslems, athiests and some who seem to
worship dog shows, so, to one and all, please be gracious to an old
man who simply does not know how to convey my heart felt hope and
wishes to you without offending someone.....

Get over it, and have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dave

POST is Copyrighted 2004. All material remains the property of the original

Terry Cochran
www.FairwayShepherds.com
www.Rightdog.com    RightDog Photography