[ SHOWGSD-L ] Offbeat national events

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:36:22 EDT

There always are some special things about a national, and they strike
everyone differently. To me they are what make my national. Usually they aren't
 in
the catalog, but important.

I love Friday night when all the champions come into the ring, with owners,
handlers, not groomed, (the dogs too) and stand and move in quiet chaos.   It
is a great chance to see that special dog you have heard about.

The Fasano party.  It started out with a small group of their friends,  and
then they opened it to everyone. This year it was 200 of their closest  friends
for a full steak dinner. It is casual, everyone gets to laugh with  everyone
else, and no one is excluded. That is the best of us all, and they do  it for
no reason other than they want to.

Seeing people like Joan Ford and Tami Howard, who have gone through such
health issues and still were there to tell a joke, or just let us see them
again.  It is special moments that make it worth the trip.

Seeing Sally sell out of her great clothing, and never a minute when  someone
wasn't buying something.  For years we have tried to figure out how  to make
a bit, (or at least stop losing so much) with dogs.  Sally has  finally
figured it out, and also provides us great products.

Watching how great Jamie can dress, and what great outfits someone can buy,
and look that good.

Sitting with Bob and Tony, which I only get to do one time a year, and hear
how others have lived their lives for another year, and watching the kids of
Liz  or Mike, and how big they are getting.  Watching the Juniors of years
past,  teaching the new kids, and seeing a Junior with a Select.
Listening to the crowd start to yell for Alvin, as he came from  Veterans to
make it to the Select title again.  Nothing planned, just a  spontaneous
response to a great day.

These are a few of my favorite things.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together